compiled by Patrick H. Moore

This compelling yet horrifying array of 51 disturbing quotes from 19 disturbed serial killers is drawn from the public domain. Although I’m quite certain that each and everyone of these killers had their moments of intense terror and loneliness, I am struck by the fact that some of them seem far more unhappy than others. For example, Aileen Wuornos may have been one of the most unhappy women that every lived. Compared to her, suave Mr. Bundy seems to to be feeling only moderate pain, while the deadly Dahmer appears to be consumed with guilt over his actions. What all of this boils down to is that although serial killers may well shares many basic personality characteristics, they are all different which makes it tough to generalize effectively about them.

aiAileen Wuornos  (the saddest woman who ever lived)

“May your wife and children get raped, right in the ass. (to the jurors who convicted her) “

“To me, this world is nothing but evil, and my own evil just happened to come out cause of the circumstances of what I was doing.

ai2David Berkowitz  (was no doubt possessed by something though probably not the devil)

“A ‘possessed’ dog in the neighborhood won’t let me stop killing until he gets his fill of blood.”

“Hello from the gutters of New York City, which are filled with dog manure, vomit, stale wine, urine and blood.”

“I am a monster. I am the Son of Sam. I love to hunt.”

“I was literally singing to myself on my way home, after the killing. The tension, the desire to kill a woman had built up in such explosive proportions that when I finally pulled the trigger, all the pressures, all the tensions, all the hatred, had just vanished, dissipated, but only for a short time.”

“The demons wanted my penis.”

ai3Ed Gein  (the inspiration for Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Silence of the Lambs. Gein lived in my home state of Wisconsin)

“She isn’t missing. She’s at the farm right now.”

“I had a compulsion to do it.”

“They smelled bad.”

ai4Edmund Kemper (Big Ed was tall, large and reportedly had the I.Q. of a genius. He has been a model prisoner.)

“Even when she was dead, she was still bitching at me. I couldn’t get her to shut up!”

“I just wanted to see how it felt to shoot Grandma.”

“I remember there was actually a sexual thrill . . . you hear that little pop and pull their heads of and hold their heads up by the hair. Whipping their heads off, their body sitting there. That’d get me off.”

“The first good-looking girl I see tonight is going to die.”

“With a girl, there’s a lot left in the girl’s body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone.”

ai6H.H Holmes (completely unique in that he built his notorious Murder Castle where he apparently did in his victims)

“I was born with the devil in me. I could not help the fact that I was a murderer, no more than the poet can help the inspiration to sing..I was born with the evil one standing as my sponsor beside the bed where I was ushered into the world, and he has been with me since.”

ai7Henry Lee Lucas (Henry was without a doubt the victim of bad parenting. The cult film, “Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer” is loosely based on him and possibly Ottis Toole. I strongly recommend it but keep in mind, it is not for the faint at heart.)

“I hated all my life. I hated everybody. When I first grew up and can remember, I was dressed as a girl by mother. And I stayed that way for two or three years. And after that was treated like what I call the dog of the family. I was beaten. I was made to do things that no human bein’ would want to do.”

“Sex is one of my downfalls. I get sex any way I can get it. If I have to force somebody to do it, I do…I rape them; I’ve done that. I’ve killed animals to have sex with them, and I’ve had sex while they’re alive. “

ai8Ian Brady (Brady, killer of children along with his partner Myra Hindley, was apparently quite the intellectual. He is old and ill now and has expressed his fervent desire to die but the British authorities insist on keeping him alive by means of a feeding tube.)

“Contrary to popular perception, the so-called Moors Murders were merely an existential exercise of just over a year, which was concluded in December 1964.”

ai9Jeffrey Dahmer (What can you say about Dahmer that has not already been said and re-said?)

“I carried it too far, that’s for sure. “

“I’ve got to start eating at home more..”

“My consuming lust was to experience their bodies.I viewed them as objects, as strangers. It is hard for me to believe a human being could have done what I’ve done”

“I couldn’t find any meaning for my life when I was out there, I’m sure as hell not going to find it in here. This is the grand finale of a life poorly spent and the end result is just overwhelmingly depressing… it’s just a sick, pathetic, wretched, miserable life story, that’s all it is. How it can help anyone, I’ve no idea.”

ai10John Wayne Gacy (I don’t like this guy at all though I am weirdly enchanted by his Clown Paintings.)

“A clown can get away with murder.”

“The only thing they can get me for is running a funeral parlor without a license.”

ai19Peter Kurten  (known as The Vampire of Dusseldorf)

“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “

ammm

Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker was smart and could have done much good in the world if he’d had a decent childhood.)

“Big deal, death comes with the territory. See you in Disneyland.”

“I’ve killed 20 people, man. I love all that blood.”

“Even psychopaths have emotions, then again, maybe not.”

“We’ve all got the power in our hands to kill, but most people are afraid to use it. The ones who aren’t afraid, control life itself.”

“You maggots make me sick, I will be avenged. Lucifer dwells within us all.”

ai11Ted Bundy  (There’s something quintessentially creepy about Bundy. A little too suave and self-serving for my taste.)

“I haven’t blocked out the past. I wouldn’t trade the person I am, or what I’ve done – or the people I’ve known – for anything. So I do think about it. And at times it’s a rather mellow trip to lay back and remember.”

“I just liked to kill, I wanted to kill.”

“You learn what you need to kill and take care of the details…Its like changing a tire…The 1st time you’re careful…By the 30th time, you can’t remember where you left the lug wrench.”

“You feel the last bit of breath leaving their body. You’re looking into their eyes. A person in that situation is God!”

Albert DeSalvo just after his capture in Boston on February 25, 1967.Albert DeSalvo (Although DeSalvo was definitely a rapist, it has not been definitively settled whether he was actually a murderer. That could be why his quote seems unlike those of the “real” serial killers. His remains have been exhumed in hopes of obtaining DNA matches.)

“It wasn’t as dark and scary as it sounds. I had a lot of fun…killing somebody’s a funny experience.”

ai13Albert Fish (Like Henry Lee Lucas, Fish was very likely prone to exaggerating his evil deeds. He was one of the early lucky fellows to “ride the chair” at Sing Sing Correctional Facility in New York.)

“I always had the desire to inflict pain on others and to have others inflict pain on me. I always seemed to enjoy everything that hurt. The desire to inflict pain, that is all that is uppermost. “

“I saw so many boys whipped, it took root in my head.”

“I like children, they are tasty.”

ai15Arthur Shawcross (This execrable human claimed to have eaten the vaginas of 3 of his 11 known female victims.)

“I took the right leg of that woman’s body, from the knee to the hip took the fat off and ate it while he stared at the other girl. When I bit into it she just urinated right there.”

“She was giving me oral sex, and she got carried away . . . So I choked her.”

Dennis Rader ( “BTK” was his infamous signature. It stands for “Bind, Torture, Kill”.)

“When this monster entered my brain, I will never know, but it is here to stay. How does one cure himself? I can’t stop it, the monster goes on, and hurts me as well as society. Maybe you can stop him. I can’t.”

“I actually think I may be possessed with demons, I was dropped on my head as a kid.”

ai17Charles Manson  (You have to admit that Charlie is quite the character.)

“I’ve killed no one. I’ve ordered no one to be killed. These children who come to you with their knives, they’re your children. I didn’t teach them, you did.”

“Total paranoia is just total awareness.”

“Believe me, if I started murdering people there’d be none of ya left.”

“You know, if I wanted to kill somebody, I’d take this book and beat you to death with it. And I wouldn’t feel a thing. It’d be just like walking to the drug store.”

Carl Panzram (Panzram confessed to 22 murders, and to having sodomized over 1,000 males. He was hanged for having murdered a prison employee at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary in 1930.)

“I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.”

“Today I am dirty , but tomorrow I’ll be just dirt.”

“Hurry up, you Hoosier bastard, I could kill ten men while you’re fooling around!”

ai18The Zodiac Killer Quotes (The Zodiac was very smart although he certainly might have been brought to justice if modern forensic techniques had been available during his “reign of terror”.)

“If the blue meanies are going to get me they’d better get off their asses and do something.”

53 Responses to Top 51 Disturbing Quotes from 19 Disturbed Serial Killers

1. Veruca salt says:

Who calls cops “meanies”? Maybe my grandmother was the zodiac killer?

2. […] Top 51 Disturbing Quotes from 19 Disturbed Serial Killers …2014. 5. 11. – What all of this boils down to is that although serial killers may well … H.H Holmes (completely unique in that he built his notorious Murder …http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2014/05/11/51-best-disturbing-quotes-from-19-disturbed-serial-killers/ […]

3. shannon says:

You missed perhapse the most famous shawcross quote.
    “I just cut that woman from her neck down to her anus, I cut out her vagina, then I ate it.”

4. Sean says:

It seems as though you have accidentally swapped the photos of a young Dennis Rader and that of Arthur Shawcross (and daughter/granddaughter).

5. Mike Anthony says:

Silence of the ‘Lamps’?

6. George Math says:

You forgot one of the most memorable quotes.”We serial killers walk beside you, we walk behind you. We walk the spaces in your mind where you are afraid to go”.

7. James says:

I’m sure glad that all these motherfucks are all off the streets or we’ll be dead in someone’s stomach or refrigerator. Now go and have a God bless day

8. Caleb says:

That’s not Panzram, its the actor who played him in a movie

9. Larry Tilander says:

Charlie Manson shouldn’t be in this list. Read what he said. Why does everybody want to convict him when he committed no crime?

• Les Mac says:

Manson committed no crime? You’re kidding, right? He ordered the murders of all who were at the Tate residence and also ordered the LaBianca murders. Cutting off Gary Hinman’s ear might also be considered as a “crime.” Give Helter Skelter a read.

10. Linda says:

They are all equally sick
    And yes Charles Manson
    Is guilty!!! Very very guilty!
    He is pure evil as is all on
    This list

11. […] Top 51 Disturbing Quotes from 19 Disturbed Serial Killers […]

12. ciara schooler says:

He may not have been the one to do it himself but he is the reason why it was done. Granted they all worshipped him, he was still the one that made the orders just BC he didn’t like what they did or they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or he just felt like doing but either way use he deserves to be up here with the rest

13. Wendy says:

That picture is not of Rader

14. Tanner says:

I enjoy these quotes. I also enjoy the people flipping out over said quotes

15. Holly says:

I thought the Zodiac Killer was caught already

16. Erm says:

Intriguing..

17. TotallyZodiac says:

I’m the Zodiac, ya zuckas!

18. S023 says:

It was really fun reading these quotes…Don’t get me wrong but I really love these sort of quotes and love researching about these sorts of dark criminals…I especially loved Rader’s and DeSalvo’s quotes…If there are any other websites with dark quotes plz inform me…

19. New way thinking 123 says:

Despite the fact that half of these quotes were hella gruesome, there’s also the fact that these serial killers were able to see life in a new light. If anything, some of these quotes are philosophical and I feel like they were able to think this way because of the fact they accepted that dark side of themselves. Who knows, maybe we are all psychopaths deep inside but we all push it down in order to live a life of hope and prosperity.

• New way thinking 123 says:

Oh gosh. Now I sound like a serial killer hahah. Sorry for the scare everyone I’m just reaalllyy interested in the way these kind of people think.

A lot of us are interested in these folks. Extreme aberrant conduct is interesting. Or as Milton said in Paradise Lost, “The devil has all the best lines.”

• Elizabeta says:

No, you dont sound mad. You are really right. Its part of the truth.

20. Good post. I definitely love this site. Stick with it!

21. James Gilks says:

Hi there. This is James Gilks (owner of http://serialkillercalendar.com). I am contacting you today to see if you are interested in trading text links with our website. We are one of the top true crime websites on the internet and receive a ton of daily traffic. A link exchange would help to improve both of our site’s search engine optimization (since search engines like google rank websites higher when they have a lot of external links from other sites). Your text link would be on our homepage (and all 3000+ pages of our website). If you are interested, please get back to me at [email protected]. I hope to hear from you soon.

22. jim nobles says:

‘We don’t want to be victims. On that we all agree. So we lock up the killer instinct and throw away the key.’

23. Marc says:

Thank you for compiling these. They are very interesting. Of note, is th difference between what the tru killers said and those who were not. Those two being Manson and DeSalvo. Theirs is somehow markedly different.

24. I love your website! I am asking if you would please consider helping me by spreading the news (below) to your community of subscribers. I would really appreciate it!

Hello, my name is Jon Blackstone. I have worked in the Seattle area as a professional singer, songwriter, performer and music producer for the last 25 years. I am writing to tell you about what has become the most important creative endeavor of my career. Right now I am trying to raise funds to record a new album to be titled, “A KILLER’S TALE”. This epic 20-song collection is literally “a musical journey thru the life of a serial killer”. It begins with his childhood and it ends the moment he is executed for his crimes. The lead character of my story is an amalgamation of many of the notorious men we all know as serial killers. While my character is fictional, every single element of the story is based on real people and real life events, which makes it fascinating and entertaining.

I have been researching and writing this album for over three years. I didn’t want to just tell about these men’s crimes, I wanted to present the “human” side of these stories. These men are always labeled “animals” or “monsters” but in my songs I tried to imagine what these men really experienced as people, and to portray what it might have been like to walk in the shoes of a serial killer. What makes this project truly unique is that the story is told from the perspective of the killer himself and it reads almost like pages from a diary. All of this is wrapped up in music, GREAT MUSIC! I have written a compelling and powerful collection of songs that tell a side to these stories that we rarely hear.

I am now trying to raise funds to record this collection of songs. If you select the link below you will be taken to Kickstarter.com. There you can watch a video I produced to promote the campaign as well as listen to samples of songs from the rough home demos I have recorded.

Because of the subject matter this is going to be an uphill battle to get the support I need to make this album. But I hope you will please consider taking part in my quest to bring “A KILLER’S” TALE to life.

25. Elizabeta says:

They all are just like us.

26. Optic says:

Adolf hitler isn’t on this list and under his reign more were killed then all of these people combined he would be like manson